Local audio visual and technology solutions provider reaches centennial milestone
May 13, 2021
BROCKTON- At a time of uncertainty, during a global pandemic, New England’s leading audio visual and technology solutions provider, Ockers, marks our company’s 100th anniversary in 2021. Starting off as an office automation dealer selling typewriters and adding machines, the expansion of several stores through the south shore, to our current position as a leading technology, audio visual, security and access control, broadcast and lighting, and managed services provider. Ockers has spent the last century piloting the ever changing technology landscape, all while supporting our clients to do the same. This milestone signifies a century of transformation and resilience. At Ockers, we celebrate our people, core values and the foundation that has allowed our company to flourish over the past 100 years.
As an all-encompassing information and communications technology reseller, Ockers excels at designing, installing, and supporting cost-effective solutions that optimize business performance. Our authorized service centers and certified technicians offer more than 700,000 computer related and communication technology products from over 3,800 of the world’s leading hardware manufacturers and software publishers.
The Ockers Company ensures the most reliable and advanced-technology solution products available all while providing the best in support services from our highly qualified, experienced and certified staff. Exemplary technical services range from pre-sales needs analysis and network configuration to infrastructure cabling, managed IT support and beyond.
Ockers’ primary markets include businesses of every type and size; educational institutions at every level; state and local governments, plus various vertical industries including healthcare, financial and others. Whatever your organization’s IT, communications, and visual technology product requirements… Ockers is your trusted, single-source provider with an acclaimed history of customer satisfaction since 1921.
“My sincere gratitude to the Employees, Vendor partners, Customers and family members who have helped the Company reach this Milestone,” said John Houser, President & CEO. “The talent and commitment of the employees of this great company have been the cornerstone of our success, it truly is a blessing to have been able to assemble a team of employees and vendors who have helped Ockers become a go to partner for its customers. For over 100 years, Ockers loyal customers have repeatedly called on us to help them reach their technology and office automation goals. A vast majority of these customers have been with the company for much of it’s history. To all our great customers we owe a debt of gratitude beyond any words I can offer. Ockers ability to continually evolve as a company, has truly been one of our best characteristics, changing with the times and with technology has allowed us to be positioned to best serve our customers today and for tomorrow. Exactly where our motto came from, Technology for Tommorrow.”
- 1921: Ockers was founded by Maurice Ockers
- 1940s: Ockers represented Olivetti Underwood selling typewriters and Adding machines
- 1955: Robert Houser returns from the Korean War and begins his career at Ockers
- 1965: Robert Houser buys out all partners in Ockers
- 1975: Ockers became Massachusetts first IBM Authorized Typewriter Dealer
- 1979-1990: Ockers awarded numerous IBM Typerwriter dealer of the month national awards
- 1995: Ockers authorized as an IBM authorized computer dealer
- 1996: Ockers opens Raynham Location to service Southeastern Mass
- 1998: Robert Houser retires and turns business over to his children
- 2000: Ockers recognized for outstanding sales as an IBM Computer reseller
- 2005: Ockers authorized as Hewlett Packard reseller
- 2009: John Houser buys Ockers from other family members
- 2010: Ockers enters the Audio Visual and Infrastructure business
- 2018: Ockers acquires Integrated Solutions Group
- 2019: Ockers develops and Brings Touchview Interactive to Market
- 2020: Ockers acquires Automation Concepts and Technologies entering the managed services business
- 2020: Ockers acquires Global integrated Technologies entering the physical Security business
- 2020: Ockers name by GrowJo as one of the fastest growing company’s in Massachusetts
- 2021: Ockers celebrates it’s 100th anniversary and continues to offer products and services for the future
About John Houser
John Houser started his career at Ockers in 1978, first learning the typewriter repair business working for his father. A Graduate of Holbrook High School and Massasoit Community College, John worked for the company through college learning the family business. In 1998, John took over the reins of the company as President and has led the company’s expansion from office technology to computers and other technologies. The Houser Family is represented by three additional family members actively working in the business. In his spare time, John enjoys boating, sports fishing, traveling, and spending time with family.
For more information regarding this press release, please contact Nicole Kelly, Marketing Director of the Ockers Company, Nkelly@ockers.com.