At Ockers, our mission is to continue expanding the array of services that we provide to help our clients keep up with the latest advances in technology. Ockers proudly serves a diverse customer base including educational and government markets; major corporations and small to medium-sized businesses within a wide-spectrum of industries. We are actively seeking a Security Technician to provide stellar customer service and installation of physical security products.
· Installation, programming, cabling and testing of low voltage and security equipment.
· Training/certifications associated with manufacturer’s security systems and IT a plus. Experienced in diagnosing and troubleshooting various systems
· Knowledge and Experience with Access Control, CCTV, and Intrusion systems.
· Experience installing connectors on multi-conductor cables and performing continuity tests.
· Installing door strikes, magnetic locks, panels, power supplies, and other components of a mechanical nature.
· Experience following specifications, instructions, and standard procedures.
· Ability to read wiring schematics, blueprints, and technical manuals.
· Maintain records/documents of work performed
- Passion for customer service and quality of work
- Troubleshooting, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Training/certifications associated with manufacturers
- Must have working knowledge of equipment application, compatibility, mounting techniques, programming, cabling, and testing for both hardware/software
- Perform service inspections and troubleshoot Access, CCTV, Intrusion systems as required
- Follow verbal, written and pictorial instructions
- Certifications and or experience with any of the following is a plus: Honeywell, HID, Napco, Radionics (Bosch), GE (Interlogix), AXIS, Gamewell-FCI, Exacq, Milestone, Software House and Keyscan
- Specific knowledge of security, access control, and IP camera systems
- Previous experience with networking devices, systems and IT processes
Ability to pull wire in commercial and residential atmosphere
- Experience with conduct bending
- A high school diploma and relevant electronics technical training
- Ability to work unsupervised and exhibit good time management
- Proficiency using power tools
- Minimum of 2+ years field experience installing/servicing Burglar Alarm, Access Control, and Video Surveillance is a plus but not a requirement
- Must possess a valid driver’s license…required
- Clean driving & criminal record required
Job Type: Full-time
E-mail your resume to AKoukol@ockers.com to apply.