At Ockers, our mission is to continue expanding the array of services we provide to help our clients keep pace with the latest advances in technology. Ockers proudly serves a diverse customer base that includes educational and government markets; major corporations, municipalities, and small to medium-sized businesses within a wide spectrum of industries.
We are seeking a Foreman to assist with managing projects for our Integrated Audio/Visual division.
This is a fast-paced position that allows for significant learning and growth opportunities. Candidates will be leading state of the art AV system installations as they advance their careers. Ockers offers competitive starting rates and regular opportunities for additional earnings. There are automatic increases for successful certification completion, and Ockers reimburses certification class costs upon successfully passing the exams. We offer flexible work hours, with work typically occurring during 1st or 2nd shift, Monday through Friday.
We regularly partner with the Bruins, Celtics, Patriots, and Red Sox, and Ockers has prominent ads and game attendance opportunities throughout the stadiums and are on the boards, court, field, and ice during the games. We’re looking for a positive candidate to join our rapidly growing team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create as-built plans and document successfully completed tasks for each project
- Inspect all work at project completion to ensure scope of work has been followed and all functions of the A/V system have been tested to perform as expected
- Troubleshoot A/V equipment when technical questions or problems occur; identify appropriate solutions
- Provide basic training on the operation of A/V equipment to customers as necessary
- Communicate timely updates to the office daily for their awareness and to provide workflow progress
- Illustrate the intent of designs to team members through line drawings and location diagrams
- Provide guidance to all team members on proper OSHA standards and safety precautions
- Convey any project issues with manager to determine mitigation strategy
- Push DSP and Control files to commonly used components in the field (Symetrix, AMX, Extron, Bi-Amp, etc.)
- Inspect all rooms upon project completion for cleanliness and preparation for client review and acceptance
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced understanding of A/V terminology and commonly used components
- Foundational knowledge of A/V signal flow and routing
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Owns a general sense of Projector and Classroom Audio Basics and proper install techniques
- Awareness of required tools and proper use of them for specific tasks
- Fundamental understanding of proper cable needs for specific applications and tasks
- Advanced understanding of termination methods and procedures for all audio connections (XLR, 3.5MM, RS-232, Speaker and line level, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret line drawings and location diagrams without issue
- Familiarity with networking and how it relates to the AV industry
- Handle daily responsibilities with a sense of urgency
- Ability to properly design basic to intermediate sound systems preferred
- Must be able to think independently and prioritize work for efficient completion of tasks and team communication
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.