At Ockers, our mission is to continue expanding the array of services that we provide to help our clients keep up with the latest advances in technology. Ockers proudly serves a diverse customer base including educational and government markets; major corporations and small to medium-sized businesses within a wide-spectrum of industries. We are actively seeking an AV Design/Project Engineer to support our sales and installation teams with quality AV system design.
Specific Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Design A/V Systems utilizing current technology such as Control systems (AMX/Crestron/Extron), DSPs, matrix mixers and switchers; videoconferencing codecs and endpoints (Cisco/Polycom)
- Possess advanced understanding of data network devices/networking
- Create and comprehend advanced system drawings and specifications
- Contribute on projects from estimating through commissioning
- Assist sales team with system design, budgeting and design/drawing activities
- Maintain open lines of communication with Account Manager and other Design Engineers throughout duration of Design process
- Interact with customers and IT/AV personnel in customer service oriented, professional manner
- Ability to understand and follow, create and edit base building and electrical blueprints
- Adhere to Avixia/InfoComm APEx standards and local codes
- Report any project changes, issues, or concerns to assigned internal contacts
- Development and implementation of department standards.
- Development of standards for corporate customer applications.
- Provide support to field technicians, and programmers as required.
- Review and participate in as-built drawing production.
- Maintain knowledge of current products and industry trends through vendor communications and industry training
Qualifications and Work Requirements
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience
Minimum 5 years engineering or technical service experience in the Commercial A/V Industry
AVIXA CTS required
AVIXA CTS-D strongly desired
Manufacturer certifications strongly desired, AMX, Crestron, Extron, BiAmp, QSC
Proficiency with AutoCAD a plus
Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Patience, determination, discipline and maturity to manage time and effectively handle stressful situations, should they arise
Familiarity with other low-voltage disciplines (CCTV, Access Control, Network Cabling, etc.) a plus
Valid driver’s license
Be able to pass drug screen and background check
Periodic regional travel may be required
Job Type: Full-time
Email your resume to AKoukol@ockers.com to apply.